What is Custodial Care?As people age into their golden years, it is natural to begin to need assistance with basic care and activities of daily living (ADLs). These activities include eating, bathing, using the restroom and personal hygiene activities. Non-medical home health care services are an alternative option to a nursing home for seniors that experience difficulties performing these activities on their own but wish to continue living independently. At Assisting Hands Home Care, we provide custodial care services to help seniors continue to live comfortably in their homes in Illinois and Wisconsin. Our caregivers are licensed and trained to assist your loved one with activities of daily living. Our caregivers will also develop a meaningful relationship with your loved one and provide companionship in addition to physical caregiving needs.
Why Choose Assisting Hands?
Custodial Care and Long-Term Care in Illinois and WisconsinAll of our caregivers at Assisting Hands Home Care must complete a background check and training, so you can trust that our caregivers are trustworthy and qualified to care for your loved one. Our caregivers are licensed, bonded, and insured. Our in-home custodial care services may include the following:
- Personal Care: Our caregiver will fully or partially assist your loved ones with their ADLs. This includes eating, bathing, using the restroom, getting dressed, and walking.
- Meal Preparation: If your loved one has difficulty cooking; our caregivers will prepare meals for your loved one that follow their diet limitations.
- Transportation and Errands: If needed, our caregivers can provide transportation to your loved one to bring them to their doctor appointments or family gatherings. They can also help with errands such as grocery shopping.
- Light Housekeeping: It is important to maintain a safe and clean living environment for your loved one. If needed, our caregivers can assist with light housekeeping duties such as vacuuming, dusting, and laundry.
- Companion Care: Our caregivers can provide your loved ones with companionship and fun activities.
Call (888) 559-3889 for your free in-home consultation
Home Care Services
Call Assisting Hands Home CareIf you have a senior loved one who requires companion care and custodial care services in Illinois or Wisconsin, call Assisting Hands Home Care at (888) 559-3889 to schedule a free in-home consultation.
The Caring Corner
Parkinson’s disease affects countless people in the United States. While a cure is not yet available, seniors living with this progressive neurogenerative disorder can manage… Read More »Guide for Living with Parkinson’s Disease
Family caregivers provide vital care to aging loved ones, whether they are elderly parents, spouses, or relatives. Their hard work and dedication are recognized each… Read More »Observing National Family Caregivers Month
Thanksgiving is a family tradition, but as parents age, relationship dynamics will change. Adult children now make decisions, from who hosts the gathering to what… Read More »How to Have a Relaxing Thanksgiving Celebration with Senior Parents