Why Choose Assisting Hands?
Symptoms of Parkinson’s DiseaseWhile the symptoms will vary from patient to patient, they will worsen over time. The cause of Parkinson’s is the loss of nerve cells in the brain that produce dopamine, allowing the brain to regulate body movement. Low levels of dopamine can interrupt fluid body movement, leading to the various symptoms, including shakes and tremors. All of the following are common symptoms of Parkinson’s:
- Overnight Care: If you are afraid to leave your loved one alone at night, our caregivers can stay overnight to monitor them and respond to any emergencies.
- Personal Care and Assistance: Parkinson’s patients may have difficulties with activities such as getting ready in the morning, using the restroom, and maintaining personal hygiene. Assistance with these activities are included in our services.
- Medication Reminders: It’s common for these individuals to forget to take their medications, especially in the later stages of the disease. Our caregivers will ensure that all of their medications are taken on time and with food, if needed.
- Mobility Assistance: Parkinson’s disease can limit mobility, but our caregivers can help them move around the house with ease.
- Companionship: Parkinson’s patients can feel lonely staying at home all day, but our caregivers can keep them engaged in conversation and activities to keep their mind and bodies stimulated.
- Transportation and Errands: We can provide the transportation needed between the home and doctor’s appointments, grocery stores, pharmacies, and more. We can also handle grocery shopping and other errands.
- Live-In Care and 24/7 Home Care: Our caregivers can keep your loved one supervised throughout the day with our services.
Call (888) 559-3889 for your free in-home consultation
Home Care Services
Contact Assisting Hands Home CareIf you have a loved one who suffers from Parkinson’s disease and lives in Illinois or Wisconsin, contact Assisting Hands Home Care at (888) 559-3889 to help them live safe and comfortably at home. Our caregivers are trained to provide specialized care for their needs and improve their quality of life.
The Caring Corner
What Causes Elderly Women to Have Night Sweats?
Elderly women may find themselves drenched in sweat as they sleep. Although uncommon, night sweats can affect seniors for a number of reasons. Talking to… Read More »What Causes Elderly Women to Have Night Sweats?
How Seniors Can Increase Bone Density
Bone density plays a key factor in bone health. Seniors with low bone density are vulnerable to fractures. In general, bone density indicates how likely… Read More »How Seniors Can Increase Bone Density
Tips to Help Seniors Manage Their Weight
Body weight is linked to overall physical health, so maintaining an optimal weight is a goal all seniors should strive for. But age-related factors can… Read More »Tips to Help Seniors Manage Their Weight
High Blood Pressure in Older Adults
The aging process causes changes in the body, leading to conditions like high blood pressure. Also known as hypertension, high blood pressure commonly affects seniors.… Read More »High Blood Pressure in Older Adults